changing soundcards

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Aug 10 22:22:18 UTC 2015

read up on amixer.  You can probably select a usb sound card, but your
selection will be canceled with the next reboot.
I had this happen while trying to use usb speakers earlier.
It doesn't matter what is stored in alsa configuration files like
asound.state the cancelation of your selection happens anyway.