changing soundcards

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 11 14:07:56 UTC 2015

This is correct. But, if you have more than USB sound device, it's a bit
arbitrary which one gets which id. And, if one is removed, your id can
shift.

I'm told, though I haven't worked out how to do it, that using udev is
the only way to lock a particular USB sound device to a particular alsa
card id.

I'd love to see some examples of how this can be done with udev, but
haven't found any.

Janina