cannot get into gnome. do I need a screen anyway?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 11 17:17:57 UTC 2015

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
> Hi.
> The problem was not the screen at all, just that I can't see
> Everything with orca.
> the thing i can see is really gnome Shell program window.
> I've got  a solution maybe for my sound problems.
> How do I come to the volume Control?
> perhaps it helps to look into that.

Well, I do that with amixer. It's important to know your alsa card
number. Then you can do commands like:

amixer -c4 controls

This provides the various control parameters available for the card 4
device.

One of them will have to do with volume. But, be careful, there's
usually also an off/on switch among the controls.