is ubuntu good?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Aug 18 09:23:01 UTC 2015

Well, if what you're saying is true, how was I able to do a complete install
by myself without help and why have other people on the Orca list had the
same success?  I'm sorry, but you're spreading misinformation.  Please don't
do that.  If you're having problems, please ask or do some research, but
please don't assume that Ubuntu, MATE or Orca are automatically at fault.
In this case, you didn't press Super-S when the DVD booted, so Orca didn't
start automatically.  You shouldn't be running the partition manager with
Alt-F1 or Alt-F2 regardless.  You should get a message spoken when you press
Super-S telling you that the screen reader is running.  This is clearly
documented on the Ubuntu accessibility wiki page.  The super key is also
known as the Windows key.  If Super-S doesn't work, try Super-Alt-S.  Also,
no, it doesn't run Terminal at all during the installation.  Orca speaks
great in the terminal, even as root with sudo.