Sighted help

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Thu Aug 20 21:33:48 UTC 2015

I doubt that dignity is an issue, although maybe I have the wrong notion
of what dignity is.

Also, the issue isn't really about getting sighted help as such.  I do
need sighted help from time to time with various things, just as I need
other kinds of help and just as sighted people need various kinds of
help.  Maybe somebody will show me I'm wrong, but even developing the
tools we use to do things ourselves sometimes requires sighted help.

I think the potent issue with computers and the many ways we use them is
whether the folks who develop and revise this stuff take our need for
full access as seriously as they take their own or that of their other
users.  Too many don't, dismissing our small number rather than thinking
of how it would be if they had to use their computers with no screen and
maybe no mouse.  For those who know the problem and choose to ignore it,
I'd guess we're not peers, but inconvenient life forms.  *That* is the
regular frustration.

Al