removing speakup from memory?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Fri Jan 23 21:53:42 UTC 2015

hi all,
or perhaps it is simply silencing it, not sure. I ask because I will have
a bit of sighted help on Tuesday.  I intend running the commands Ken
suggested for learning if this debian box has any high speed abilities or
connectivity whatsoever.
I do not want the person working me to be slowed down by speakup factors.
Since I do not use speakup, and positive of positive, will not be using it
when I ssh TELNET into that box, best to know how to silence it
temporarily  att his stage, likely permanently later.
Thanks,
Kare