a *very* odd question especially for me.

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Jul 23 23:43:40 UTC 2015

Each port on that modem/router probably has a single digit number on it.
  That single digit is the fourth in an ip address that's ip4.  The ip6
protocol is different.  I know of two prefixes that have three digits
separated by periods.  One of them starts out with 192.168.x.y and the
other starts with 10.x.y.z.  Your modem/router will probably use the
first 192.168.x.yip4 numbering system to communicate.  The x in that
192.168.x.y is usually the same number for all local connections on a
router too.  A hint, power cords usually plug into the bottom of
routers; next in my case an external modem cord connects moving upward.
After that, computers connect.  Numbers for computers usually start at
zero and go up to 3 if you can connect four devices to a modem/router.
I hope I haven't confused you any further.