linux music tools

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Jul 26 14:42:24 UTC 2015

Of course it is.
I have not dealt with the so called memory restrictions of dos for years.
I have 784 meg of ram on this pure dos machine alone.
with protected modes and  other tools memory is a breeze.
However no one said anything about running lillypond from dos, unless
another person  started that thread.
At least in my case, since I use dsl in dos daily including using ssh
TELNET into the ubuntu shell of dreamhost and shellworld of course, then,
with a properly constructed Linux box, then I will just ssh TELNET into
it from my dos machine.
Granted such a thing as a properly constructed Linux box  is at least in my
personal experience, far more of a challenge than breaking the DOS memory
barrier, but I know the milliage of others varies.
I would never discourage a person from trying lillypond  in dos though if
they wanted.
reach out to their support team and ask.
I have a copy of lillypond  that i downloaded ages back that could run in
DOS.  additionally I  know an associate who did it as well.
Running Lillypond in dos was never  my intention as my post indicated, but
given the flexibility of dos
especially editions  like freedos that are still under development, then
why not?
Cheers,