linux music tools It is quite possible and was done all the time in the bad

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 28 21:32:16 UTC 2015

OK, I understand about overlays and about swapping and accessing from
RAM. But, isn't that more than just compiling for a different OS?
Doesn't that require reconsidering how the code actually fits together
and executes? Surely you don't want to swap on each instruction.

My reaction was to the suggestion to compile Lilypond for DOS. Why is
beyond me, given how accessible Lilypond already is on the Linux
console.

The only enhancement that we don't have supported is that which comes
from an intelligent front end that helps you with the artifacts of
writing the .ly file. These are usually on screen wysiwyg scores not of
much help to a blind composer/arranger.

Whoever pointed to the emacs lilypond mode probably pointed to the best
combo, imo, for the blind user. However, it is quite possible to do the
job with vim, ed, or even nano.

So where's the benefit of trying to take Lilypond to DOS. I don't see
it, even if it were just a recompile with a modern compiler.

Janina