linux music tools It is quite possible and was done all the time in the bad

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Jul 28 22:37:30 UTC 2015

I like your comments Sam. And yes while there seems much more developement of
Linux tools than DOS, why is it we have many less screen-reader options? In a
non-graphical console, I count only these screen-readers:
Jupiter
Speakup
YASR
Maybe emacsspeak
WB and clifox
Unfortunately Speakup seems to be an only choice I have with a DecTalk U S B?
Jupiter worked with my older DEC PC.  At least many of DOS screen-readers were
commercial-and-they had lots of features, such as ajustable pronunciation
dictionaries. So in these cases a screen-reader is both a comfortable listening
as well as typing experience. And no, Sam, after nearly 9 consecutive years in
strictly Linux, I never have been able to understand-and-jump from writing
simple DOS batch files to understanding nor writing Linux scripts or aliases. In
DOS the commands seemed understandable to a non-programmer. So while these days
I only run DOS from Linux, I can certainly understand-and-appreciate why some1
would want to remain in mostly DOS. Thanks once again for listening--and-yes I
understand if I were able to created, I would be able to enjoy
dreams-and-inhancements on this Debian machine such as an easier mp3editor, or
create software to normalize videos in a directory.
Hart