a *very* odd question especially for me. Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Wed Jul 29 15:26:46 UTC 2015

On July 29, 2015, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
> How is dealing with file names with blanks in them awkward? I put
> those file names in quotes, just like I do in Windows and other
> operating systems.

It may be awkward to have to remember quotes around things, but at
least it's consistent because the shell does the quote processing
(and does it correctly). It's even worse in Dos and Windows where
every application has to do its own quote processing, often getting
it annoyingly wrong or missing edge cases.

-tim