scripting in unix/Linux

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Jul 30 05:40:18 UTC 2015

Hi,
You do not need to run php code through a web server, there is a
command-line interface too.
On my ubuntu system, it is simply called php and man php will tell you
what you want to know.
Regular expressions are great and used everywhere, but do not try to debug
that after a drink or two.
For readability regex comes in last though.
As Martin indicated, computers do not make mistakes, they just make your
mistakes very quickly.
Regards, Willem