a *very* odd question especially for me. Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 12:36:39 UTC 2015

I guess I'd need to see an example of how these characters trip someone
up in a file name using a BASH script while they are handled differently
in the DOS batch processor. With few exceptions, I find quoting literals
to work both in a script file and on the command line.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail