a *very* odd question especially for me. Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jul 30 17:55:15 UTC 2015

Christopher Chaltain writes:
> I guess I'd need to see an example of how these characters trip someone up
> in a file name using a BASH script while they are handled differently in the
> DOS batch processor. With few exceptions, I find quoting literals to work
> both in a script file and on the command line.

Here's the output of candidate filenames from the free cddb that tripped
abcde up on a recent rip I performed. Note that abcde errored out,
unable to complete the job in its usual way. Instead of these track
names, I have files of the form track??.flac .

So, you're proposing I can read each line from this file, enclose the
string in quotes and do a mv? Does that work for you? It doesn't for me.
If I try the very first track, I get a "no such file or directory"
error.

Retrieving 1 CDDB match...done.
---- Maurce Duruflé Organ - Aldo Ciccolini & Alexis Weissenberg Pianos - Orchestre De La Société Des Concerts Du Conservatoire - Georges Prêtre  / Saint-Saëns  Symphony No.3 Organ - Le Carnival Des Animeaux - Poulenc - Duruflé Organ - Orch Du Conservatoire - Prêtre - 1306  ----
1: Saint-Saëns  / Symphony No.3 Organ - 1. Adagio - Allegro Moderato
2: Saint-Saëns  / Symphony No.3 Organ - 2. Poco Adagio
3: Saint-Saëns  / Symphony No.3 Organ - 3. Allegro Moderato - Presto
4: Saint-Saëns  / Symphony No.3 Organ - 4. Maestoso - Allegro
5: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 1. Introduction - Royal March Of The Lion
6: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 2. Hens And Cocks - Wild Asses
7: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 3. Tortoises - Elephant - Kangaroos
8: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 4. The Aquarium
9: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 5. Long Ears - Cuckoo In Woods
10: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 6. The Aviary
11: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 7. Pianists - Fossils
12: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 8. The Swan
13: Saint-Saëns  / Le Carnival Des Animeaux - 9. Finale
14: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 1. Early Morning
15: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 2. The Lion In Love
16: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 3. The Middle-Aged Man & 2 Mistresses
17: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 4. Death And The Woodcutter
18: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 5. The Two Cockerels
19: Poulenc  / Les Animaux Modèles - 6. The Midday Meal

Janina