a *very* odd question especially for me. Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jul 30 20:02:07 UTC 2015

Hi, Willem:

Yes, very horible names. I had the choice of editing before sending
abcde on its way to rip. Truth be told, I didn't look at them very
closely at that point.

I think I'm actually going to take a different tack when I get around to
fixing this rip. I'm going to create directories for composer and the
particular work's title, e.g. Symphony3. Then I can just use digits and
the tempo marking for the filenames themselves.

It matters not a wit to me that all these came off a particular cd. To
my mind, that's just an artifact of legacy media delivery. The only
grouping that matters to me is the grouping for each work under the
directory of each composer.

This, of course, was more than I could do profitably at the stage abcde
offered names for me to edit.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Janina