How to extract string from filename solved

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Jul 31 09:12:38 UTC 2015

You're right!  I totally missed that and I should know better.  I use that
syntax without the "ls" all the time and I didn't even think about it.
Maybe that's why it takes forever to run.  Fortunately I can put "&" at the
end to run it in the background.  Of course I have thousands of files to
process.