kali-linux install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Jun 20 11:41:08 UTC 2015

I found out kali-linux is debian-based with a few differences.  Lots of
security tools get installed by default.  I got it installed on another
disk (I use drive sleds here) by booting the disk then hitting s just
after the beep and hitting enter.  The sound card asked me several
questions I used the keyboard to answer.  When that finished, the system
ejected the kali dvd then rebooted.  What came up next was an orca login
frame and after I logged in the current version of kali-linux continued to
work.  Kali-linux is not my main distro, the command line environments
like debian and archlinux have higher priority for now.  All of this
installation happened with no screen connected to the computer.  Maybe
next week I'll get out and buy a screen for this computer if all works out
correctly.