audio description

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Sep 8 09:53:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Tony Baechler wrote:

> If this subject really interests you, please write off list.

Surely this is on topic.

> You should look at get_iplayer.  It downloads BBC shows with subtitles and
> audio description.  It used to have ITV and Channel 4 support, but no more.

I know about get_iplayer.  I'm actually interested in reception of live TV
and radio.  I figure this could avoid some of the accessibility issues
with hardware set-top boxes, plus I'd just like to do it.  And there'd
also be the possibility of recording things to listen to later.

There would seem to be two issues:

1.  Find compatible hardware.   This should be easy enough.

2.  For playing audio description, finding a way of mixing the main
program audio with the description stream.

Geoff.