debian from ethernet to wifi

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Sep 12 01:40:32 UTC 2015

I have a command line installation of debian on a laptop that's supposed
to have the hardware to do wifi.  Right now, I don't yet know what
additional software to install so this computer can talk to the wifi
network and log on.  archlinux has madwifi and a large section on wifi
installation on its installguide file but that's not in the debian
repository so for now I have no clue.  I do have a wifi adapter antenna I
will have to use with a tower system but don't know if this wil also be
needed to run the laptop.