Grub hanging

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Sep 13 09:05:07 UTC 2015

You didn't give background information leading up to the behavior you
describe, so this is only a random guess.  It sounds like the GRUB image is
out of sync with the image installed in the MBR.  I would boot a rescue CD,
chroot into the Linux system, make sure all updates are installed paying
especial attention to GRUB and run grub-install on your boot drive.  If that
doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't know.