debian wifi too complex

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Sep 14 18:45:55 UTC 2015

I found out I have a ralink 8270 wifi adapter and got the ralink firmware
driver installed.  Unfortunately this also needs a bunch of broadcom files
and the information I found so far is incorrect.  I will gladly wipe out
debian on this laptop and replace it with archlinux if the install process
is a little simpler!  I ot the b43cutter utility instaled but don't know
where to point it for the firmware-b43-installer or
firmware-b43legacy-installer files which I also dwnloadd onto this system.
Apparently b43cutter will have to work on one or both  of those.
I wish the debian installer people would spell nonfree firmware packages
correctly too but that didn't happen either.