debian-firmware disks

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Sep 27 11:36:33 UTC 2015

If I understand correctly, you're saying that the regular DVD does beep, but
the DVD with non-free firmware doesn't.  Exactly which DVD image did you
download?

I'm asking because if one image is beeping and the other isn't, you've found
a bug and it should be reported.  My understanding is that all CD and DVD
images from stable should beep, regardless of whether they include non-free
firmware.  If you downloaded from testing, there is no beep and that is
expected.  DDs who do multiple installs with testing didn't want to be
bothered by hearing a beep potentially dozens of times, so it is disabled
for testing and unstable.