smtp.gmail.com recent problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Apr 2 16:20:41 UTC 2016

In my case, I had old syntax that needed correction and didn't remember
when my .fetchmailrc file had been modified last.   I somewhat got that
fixed and ended up pulling down email from gmail with talkingarch so now
need to check my .fetchmail.log file out for details.  I want nothing of
fetchmail in system logs since if I put it in $HOME in its own log file
I know where to look when things break for whatever reason.