linux on msi computers

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:38:48 UTC 2016

Everything I've read says that Ubuntu supported secure boot since 12.04
and UEFI since 15.04, although there are plenty of articles on the web
talking about getting older versions of Ubuntu, such as 14.04 installed
on a UEFI system with Windows 8 or Windows 10 already installed. This is
one of many such articles:
http://www.everydaylinuxuser.com/2015/11/how-to-install-ubuntu-linux-alongside.html

On 17/04/16 17:12, mattias wrote:
> i can only talk for ubuntu
> if you install ubuntu on a uefi based computer
> the install finish but dont boot
> if i remember correct fedora will boot
>

> Den 2016-04-17 kl. 23:26, skrev Kristoffer Gustafsson:
>> Hi.
>> I think the computer has that.
>> but that can be removed I think if i buy a new copy of windows and
>> install that.
>> can't I install linux if i have uefi?
>> /Kristoffer

>>> kristoffer i hope the computer dont have uefi
>>> if it have you have trouble

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail