fbcmd

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Apr 23 12:32:15 UTC 2016

On 4/21/2016 1:09 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> but does work with elinks.  The facebook page just complains about lynx and
> really ought not have any problem dealing with such a basic browser but
> don't know what it will do with elinks.  Last resort I could try all of this

I'm not familiar with this software, but have you tried m.facebook.com
instead? Also, what if you go into Lynx options and change the user agent to
Mozilla? Yes, Firefox works very well with the mobile site. It works OK but
not great with the full site. I use the mobile site a lot and while it's not
fully accessible, it's good enough.

Due to the complexities of fb, I honestly don't see it working well with any
text browser for any length of time. If you have a phone, try installing the
app which might be better. They say they're working on accessibility, but
only for graphical browsers. Facebook is constantly changing, so it's no
surprise to me that a command line interface wouldn't work. I would guess
anything of that nature would be abandonware just because it's impossible to
refactor for the constant changes. I saw the same problem with Google, but I
guess there is a command line interface to some Google features that
actually works.