working with latest espeak

Mark Peveto markp at tiki7.com
Wed Aug 3 14:34:17 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I've contacted the espeak list about this, but after two or three days, haven't received an answer.
In earlier versions of espeak, if you wanted to change from the UK englis voice to the US english one, you had to change to the
/usr/share/espeak-data/voices directory, and sudo cp en-us en.
That would get the US english voice to work for you.  In latest version, the /usr/share/espeak-data/voices directory still exists, but there's no en-us
file, or en file.  How does a user change the voice to en-us in the console?  I would rather not use the UK voice if I can help it.  It's harder for me
to understand.

Everything happens after coffee!

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552