redhat itself

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 10 15:48:21 UTC 2016

Surely there must be somebody building kernels with those modules so
that you can  install by adding their yum repository to your system. If
not, it would mean that a blind RH systems admin couldn't do his work at
the console. If remote access is broken he'd be in serious trouble. Most
systems admins don't have a choice as to what flavor of linux they use
in their job. Here at the University of Wisconsin, the IT department
used to run Red Hat. The campus had a site license. The Math Department,
where I work, uses debian and ubuntu. But if I worked in another
department, I'd probably be stuck with RH.

I have been building kernels for debian and ubuntu that have a hack do
serial synths work. I set up a apt repository at www.iavit.org so other
people can use them too. I don't know anything about Red Hat but surely
there must be the equivalent of a ppa.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org