Talking ubuntu server install

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 17 13:11:54 UTC 2016

Well, my point is that the ubuntu documentation indicates that at one
time, software speech was an option. I suppose it's possible that when
you selected the screen reader option, it then gave you a list of
hardware synths to choose from. But I doubt that. So I suspect that
ubuntu must have stopped including espeakup and espeak on it's server
installation images. I am justasking if anyone ever used it before. We
switched from debian to ubuntu maybe a year and a half ago and this was
my first attempt to install ubuntu server myself. I have built servers
by installing ubuntu desktop and then uninstalling the gui. In some
cases, I didn't even bother doing that. But even if you remove the gui,
it's not the same as installing ubuntu server.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org