Can I add speakup to An Existing Wheezy Installation?

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 5 18:25:34 UTC 2016

Yeah, I don't know about that error message. I would try rebooting. You
probably want to make the speakup_soft module load automatically each
time you reboot. To do that, type:

echo speakup_soft >> /etc/modules

You need to do that as root.  If you don't get speech when you reboot,
try running espeakup by hand.