More on Adding speakup to wheezy, Conditionally good news

Kelly Prescott kprescott at coolip.net
Wed Dec 14 05:55:24 UTC 2016

In the root directory of the flash card put a empty file called ssh to
enable the ssh server.
This is a change rasbian made to the 11-25 release.
The contents of the file do not matter, it just must be present.
On Linux, mount /dev/xxx1 /mnt
Touch /mnt/ssh
Umount /mnt
Replace /dev/xxx1 with the actual sdcard and and replace /mnt with the
directory you actually mounted it at.
In windows, just make a ssh file.
Get a command prompt and type copy con e:\ssh
Then type ctrl-z and press enter
You will hear "1 file copied"
Replace e with your actual drive letter.