More on Adding speakup to wheezy, Conditionally good news

Martin McCormick martin.m at suddenlink.net
Wed Dec 14 17:42:24 UTC 2016

	I have run in to an interesting problem with a new build
of pispeakup
Jeffery Mewtamer <mewtamer at gmail.com> writes:
> If you want to give it a try, ssh into a newly imaged Pi and do the
> following:
>
> git clone https://github.com/cromarty/ttsprojects.git

That got the ttsprojects tree as expected.

> cd ttsprojects/raspberry-pi/libilctts

It's there and contains
autoconfiscate/
build/
COPYING
HISTORY
libtests/
README.md
src/
TODO

> sudo make

	That is the problem. There is no Makefile so everything
stops with the expected message about there being no targets

> sudo make install
> cd ../piespeakup
> sudo ./build.sh
>
> Using a jessie-lite image, the only dependencies you need to install
> first is git, and you only need that to clone the remote repository.

	I only did one thing before adding git and that was to do

apt-get update and apt-get upgrade which brings the new system up
to date.

	All of the target directories in ttsprojects/raspberry-pi/libilctts
do have Makefiles but the Makefile that should have been in libilctts
should take care of directing what gets made and what to do if
there are problems and that Makefile is not there.
	I hate to sound stupid but I figured I'd bring it up
since it can be the difference between wasting a lot of time and
ending up with the desired results.

	Again, many thanks.

Martin