A question about spam?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Dec 19 06:05:07 UTC 2016

In email, the Messag-Id: field is supposed to be a fingerprint for
email.  Perhaps a couple procmail recipes might be useful in this case.
The first recipe would treat any email missing a Message-Id: field as
junk.  The second recipe would have to be maintained with a data base
holding Message-Id: entries from email known to be spam.  Anything found
in that data base would also properly be considered junk and treated
accordingly.  I'm not that good with procmail yet so haven't tried this
yet.  One important thing is to guard that data base by backing it up to
local storeage and be prepared to also get its sha512sum and compare it
with local edition.  If the two don't match, remote version got
tampered.