oss instead of alsa. would this be simpler?

Tobias Vinteus tobvin at algonet.se
Sun Jul 3 10:40:40 UTC 2016

Hi,
As far as I know, OSS is a legacy thing. You're probably out of luck
finding drivers for USB headsets, not to mention finding an OSS
implementation for modern kernels. If I'm not misstaken, OSS nowadays is
more of an emulation/compatibility layer on top of ALSA.

Maybe you need to specify for the application which ALSA device to use, or
change the default sound device. It was a long time since I muddled with
ALSA, som I have no specifics a thte moment. Then again, maybe you already
did try those suggestions.

hth,
Tobias