Problems with Alpine.

Lee A. Stone stonedge at myfastmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:03:01 UTC 2016

 I also use alpine for emails and for about the same time i have a
problem in responding to emails at a much slower response. such as when
i do control x I wait and then it asks for my password on the first
email but each mail after that is still a slow response
On Wed, 6 Jul 2016,
Dan Rossi wrote:

> I am not running Linux locally, but using cygwin to ssh into linux boxes at
> the university.  I use Alpine on the university boxes to read email. At some
> point, in the last month or two, something must have changed in the
> configuration of Alpine, but I cannot seem to track it down.  My folder list
> has disappeared.
>
> I mean, if I hit l to bring up my folder list, the only thing that now shows
> is INBOX, where it used to show a whole list of folders.
>
> The behavior gets much more weird though.  If I use the g command to go-to a
> folder, and I try and tab complete the folder name, it fails with Folder not
> Found.  However, if I type the whole folder name in, I can then go to that
> folder.
>
> If I attempt to save a message from my inbox to a folder, it fails even if I
> type the entire folder name in.  Gives me, Folder not found, create it anyway?
>
> I don't know what changed, and the system administrators have been slow in
> getting back to me.  Any ideas from the group?
>

>  -- Blue skies.
> Dan Rossi
> E-Mail:	dr25 at andrew.cmu.edu
> Tel:	(412) 422-5423

I wonder if I ought to tell them about my PREVIOUS LIFE as a COMPLETE
STRANGER?