Sharing files between Linux and Windows

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:31:53 UTC 2016

You won't be able to find a existing case with space for an integrated
braille display. It might be possible to install linux on a Pac Mate
though. I had a Pac Mate with a 40 cell display. I still use the display
every day but it is attached to my linux desktop. The Pac Mate itselfis
gone. The battery blew up and the keyboard went bad. But I'll bet I
could buy just the Pac Mate part for $100 these days. It might take more
brains than I have to install linux on that thing though.
Another option is to design your own case and have it printed on a 3D
printer. But I don't think it's practical for a blind person to do that
because the 3D drawing software is not going to be accessible.

The whole thing could be a business opportunity for someone though.
Start with a raspberry pi or something like that, design a case with an
integrated braille display, and  start selling linux notetakers.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org