latest ubuntu

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 7 16:50:41 UTC 2016

I used the 64-bit desktop image of ubuntu.  You know, it occurs to me
that a likely cause for your installer crash might be invalid
installation media. Either the image got scrambled during download or it
got scrambled being written to your installation media. I think you
should download the image again and try a new CD or a different thumb
drive. How old is your computer? It'd be better if it's old because the
drivers are going to be stable. On the other hand, an oldcomputer is
more likely to have problems. So it could be the computer but I'd bet on
installation media.