How did people here learn GUIs

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.org
Sun Jul 17 20:41:56 UTC 2016

I';ve been trying to get a feel for GUIs for years. Sighted colleagues
are no help. They only tell me how they use the mouse. They won't use a
keyboard shourcut even when it is much simpler. For example, they will
scroll down a long document instead of using ctrl+f to find something.
i've tried unsuccessfully tpo find a Jaws trainer. After I reinstalled
Windows 7 recently Jaws wouldn't install. I'm now using NVDA and I don't
think I'll go back to Jaws.

John