Questions about setting up a new computer

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 23:35:55 UTC 2016

I'm not sure which desktop is most like Windows either. BTW, the Windows
interface hasn't changed that much. I've used XP, 7, 8 and 10. Windows 8
did introduce the start panel and temporarily got rid of the start menu,
but this change was much less significant then say the change from Gnome
2 to Gnome 3. Besides, it was easy to  tweak the Windows 8 configuration
to make the start panel very similar to the start menu. In short, the
Windows interface has changed, but it hasn't changed totally and it
never forced users to learn something entirely new.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail