How did people here learn GUIs

Sam Hartman hartmans at mit.edu
Sat Jul 23 20:44:02 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Chaltain <chaltain at gmail.com> writes:

    Christopher> Will apt-get really work in Windows? Adding bash
    Christopher> support is a long way from adding Debian's packaging
    Christopher> system. This would be great if it were true, but I'm a
    Christopher> bit skeptical.

It will.
I don't know why this is being advertized as bash.  It's sort of like
calling the GNU operating system Linux--metonymy is a great poetic
device, but its use in software puzzles.

However, yes, you get the Ubuntu packaging system and you can download
and try to install any Ubuntu amd64 package.  Nothing requiring a GUI
will work, and I suspect there are other interesting gaps in
functionality.
But there's a lot more there than bash.

--Sam