How did people here learn GUIs

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 21:06:06 UTC 2016

So some Ubuntu packages will work in Windows now. And in August, from
what I understand, Windows users will be able to run Unity as well. Why
on GOd's green earth is this news? Ubuntu has been available for years,
with Bash, apt-get, Unity and so much more. Is this an admission by
Microsoft that GNU/Linux is the superior operating system, or is it a
pure and simple violation of the GPL? Maybe it's some sort of reverse
ploy to woo GNU/Linux users, or maybe Unix/Linux sysadmins to Windows
land, making them subject to as many viruses and security holes as
Windows users have had to deal with for years. "Look here! We'll give
you what you really want! All the same shells and programs you're used
to using, and all the poor attempts at security you can expect from
Windows to go along with it, all for a nominal subscription fee!" In any
case, If I want Ubuntu, I'll use Ubuntu. I certainly won't be switching
away from it to some half-baked try at Ubuntu within the half-baked
Windows environment.
Sent from my moonbeam levels