chromium accessibility status?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sun Jul 24 21:02:00 UTC 2016

For the current version of chromium what is screen reader accessibility
status?  I once had the instructions for using --enable-speech-dispatcher
in a file under my $HOME directory chromium used and lost those.  If
chromium can be used with speech-dispatcher and anyone knows the necessary
steps could you share them here?
I found out chromevox doesn't work with speech-dispatcher at least using
instructions I have and google-chrome turned out to be uninstallable on
firmware-debian.  The reason that happened was I asked for the 64-bit
version which is correct for my actual architecture but firmware-debian
only comes in i686-pae flavor for my system so I got the wrong kernel
installed and couldn't replace it with x86-64 kernel since 686-pae was
running at the time.  I'll probably do some hand editing on the
/etc/default/grub file then rebuild the configuration commenting out that
686-pae architecture.