How did people here learn GUIs

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jul 24 21:46:59 UTC 2016

All I can tell you, Kyle, is that I've spoken with quite a few corporate
software developers who are jazzed to have bash and standard linux tools
available in a Windows shell. These are people who use the graphical
IDEs available on Windows, and who sometimes complain that they wouldn't
be able to keep up if that had to rely on gdb. However, there are still
tasks that are simply done faster with tools like sed and awk, to name
just a few.

Apparently, until this development the process has been to access to
code from two different machines, perhaps virtual machines, but
different machines. Now, they're looking forward to a well integrated
cli toolkit.

Janina