orca-compatible display managers

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Jul 27 02:12:42 UTC 2016

I found xorg when it works to work well.  A debian system with xorg and
mate on it is where it runs very well.
A modified talkingarchlinux system xorg does not work I think my nvidia
CK-804 card is too old for it.  The talkingarchlinux system has mate and
mate-extra installed on it along with speech-dispatcher-git and this is
what I find strange.  If I run yelp which is the mate help system that
talks.  If I try alt-f1 or alt-f2 those don't talk and neither does
alt-control-tab.  I installed orca with all dependencies on
talkingarchlinux system so this shouldn't be happening unless I need to
find a replacement for xorg.  Some replacements do exist it's just a
matter of selecting the correct one.