What is the tool for this?

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Wed Jun 1 21:32:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 17:07:00PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> My Linux experience is rooted at shellworld which is now using Ubuntu.

I'd like to put in a plug for panix.com, which is an outstanding shell
provider, run by unix experts (they run netbsd). They have boatloads of
software, constantly checked and updated. However, they're not cheap.

> Is there a program like antiword or unrtf to convert PowerPoint at the
> command line?

openoffice/libreoffice do command-line conversions, e.g. .ppt to .pdf.
Never done that myself, but there are plenty of google hits.

Also, there is "unoconv", which appears to be a front-end for this process.