console speech

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jun 3 13:11:18 UTC 2016

Yes, you can certainly run Orca with Speech-Dispatcher and alsa. There's
configuration for that in /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf

Or, you can put together a mixed environment along the lines described
at:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio#ALSA.2Fdmix_without_grabbing_hardware_device