[orca-list] Urgent: Linux accessibility help

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jun 8 13:23:43 UTC 2016

Hi, Geoff:

Quick response just on a couple of your questions for now ...

1.)	Forget RHEL. While you may succeed at running Orca under RHEL,
running Speakup in a console won't be available. People have tried with
RHEL over the years, but have not been successful afaik. Fedora would be
OK, but not RHEL.

	For that reason, I'd stick with Ubuntu. Frankly, it's a bit
	amusing to have RHEL equated with Ubuntu, because Fedora and
	Ubuntu is arguably the more logical pairing.

	2.)	I'm unaware of anyone using IBM Notes under Linux
	accessibly. It's probably, though, that they've made Notes
	accessible under Windows. IBM has many screen reader dependent
	employees, and they do rely on Notes, afaik. I'll try to ask for
	you and report back.

	Good luck!

	Janina