no sound in linux installation

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Jun 28 10:29:22 UTC 2016

This is a known bug in D-I shipped with Jessie. Try the latest testing D-I
image. You didn't give a link to the image you downloaded. It's possible
that the latest stable D-I might have a fix. If the latest D-I alpha testing
image doesn't have speech, file a bug with as many details as possible.

--
Tony Baechler, founder, Baechler Access Technology Services
Putting accessibility at the forefront of technology
mailto:bats at batsupport.com
Phone: 1-619-746-8310  SMS text: 1-619-375-2545