Looking for a good Linux shop in Madison, Wisconsin

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jun 29 15:00:42 UTC 2016

Hi, John:

I agree with your preference for taking your machine to a Linux shop.

However, it's probably not really necessary. Unless you're also asking
them to install software, any competent shop that builds machines to
customer requirements should be able to explore and help with upgrading
your machine with things like more RAM and faster/bigger hard drives.

PS: You should keep in the back of your mind that it might be cheaper to
simply replace, though I would still go with figuring out your
components iteratively and not just buy of the shelf.

For example, I'd want to investigate upgrading to an ePCI hard drive.
They're getting down to the affordable range, at least for the OS
itself.

Good luck, and stay in touch about this. I think a lot of us will be
interested.

Janina