Looking for a good Linux shop in Madison, Wisconsin

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jun 29 15:44:37 UTC 2016

I agree. If he needs this level of support, you want actually a fair
amount of Linux knowledge, enough to correctly setup brltty to come up
by default.

However, the machine hardware design/implementation and the Linux
specific assistance could be two shops. Or, heck, the Linux job could be
just an independent person who comes to his location and does the
installation of a morning. He still doesn't need a shop.

However, there is one aspect worth discussing here ...

I would want a Linux friendly UEFI (bios). I bring this up because I
settled for a main board that doesn't support peeking and poking from
the running kernel. This is really too bad, and I'm not making the same
mistake again, next time my refurb includes a new mb.

I forget which efi setting needs to be enabled to support Linux kernel
access, but there is one.

Janina