brltty and dracut

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:13:27 UTC 2016

Has anyone gotten brltty to insert itself into the initrd on debian
jessie? I have only a virtual machine to try this on but it looks to me
as if debian switched from initramfs-tools to dracut to build the initrd
and therefore, brltty can no longer insert itself into the initrd. I
happen to be working with a debian developer on the scripts to get
brltty into the initrd via dracut. If we get it working, it might be of
interest to the brltty developers. I am just wondering if anyone can
confirm my  assessment of the problem and if anyone has ever had
personal contact with the brltty developers. I could email them but I
thought it would be better if I knew exactly who to talk to.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org